I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Indore. At present, I am the head of the department.
“Everybody understood that if the proof is correct, then no other recognition is needed”- Grigori Perelman (The mad monk of maths)
I have a huge regard for mathematics (the queen of sciences), and mathematicians (I am very far from being one). They are the best contributor to humanity, often silent yet elegant, they are always well ahead of the present time, the world follow them later. They have their own challenges and frustration nicely explained by mathematician RB Bapat.
I broadly work in algebraic graph theory, that is, the study of graphs using the matrices associated with graphs like adjacency matrix, Laplacian matrix, Seidel matrix, etc. The two problem I am primarily interested in are
- the constructions of the expander graphs and in particular explicit construction of Ramanujan graphs which are the best possible expanders.
- For more detail see an excellent survey by Hoory, Linial, Wigderson
- matrix determinant (P) vs matrix permanent (#P-complete) problem.
For the students who want to work with me: please email me if you are interested in the following research areas: Algorithmic Graphs (Matrix) Theory, Computational Complexity, Complex network analysis.
Ongoing project under me
- Reducing parameterized complexities of matrix determinants and permanents.
- Construction of expanders and Ramanujan graphs for fast network topologies.
- Community detection in large networks.
- Theory of Computation- Spring 2020
- Advanced Algorithms- Fall 2020, Fall 2021, Spring 2023
- Automata Theory and Logic- Spring 2021
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms- Spring 2022
- Discrete Mathematics-Fall 2022
- Linear Algebra and Probability- Fall 2023
Room No. 408 POD 1A, IIT Indore
Indore-453552, MP, India